Tuesday, April 21, 2015

IMATS NYC 2015 Haul


Hello Lovelies,

On Sunday April 12th, I attended IMATS in NYC and thought I would share the goodies I purchased while there! Photos will be provided within the post as well as swatches to those that require swatches. If you are interested in seeing what I bought at IMATS continue reading.

As I mentioned I attended IMATS and bought some goodies! I am so excited to share with you all the products I purchased as well as talk a little bit about my first IMATS experience. Now on to the goodies!

First we will start off with Tarte! Tarte was the first booth my friends and I checked out. The line was not long and the process was quick. The lady there was wonderful and super helpful.
Here we have the Buffer Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush. I have been wanting this brush for awhile since I have the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation and  my Sigma F80 and beauty sponges were not up to par. When I heard that Tarte was going to be a booth at IMATS I knew I wanted to purchase this brush since I was hesitant to purchase it from Ulta or Sephora due to the price. This brush normally costs $32, but at IMATS it was only $20. What a steal!
One of the blushes Amazonian Clay 12-hr blushes I purchased is "Exposed". This is a nude pink shade which is absolutely gorgeous! (look further for swatch)
The second Amazonian Clay 12-hr blush I purchased is called "Celebrated". Celebrated was created to celebrate 15 years of Tarte. This shade is a warm pink nude color. (look further for swatch)
Here are the swatches of Expose and Celebrated side by side. They look similar, but are both equally gorgeous. The blushes were $10 each and they normally cost $26 a piece.
Another booth I purchased goodies from was OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) and they did not provide bags which is why there is no bag shown.
At the OCC booth I purchased two matte lip tars - Black Dahlia which is a dark wine color and Ophelia a nude pink color. Below are swatches of both colors side by side.
Pictured here are the swatches of Black Dahlia and Ophelia side by side. As you can obviously tell they are two completely different shades, but equally beautiful. Black Dahlia as mentioned before is more of a vampy, dark wine color and Ophelia is a pink nude. At IMATS the lip tars were $10 each and they generally run for $18.  
Next we have the wonderful Sigma! I only purchased one item and the extra goodies were in my bag!
At the Sigma booth, I purchased the F88 which is the Flat Angled Kabuki. I have been wanting to get this brush for a while, but just never purchased it. I want to see how this compares to the F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush, also by Sigma, when it comes to foundation. I am really looking forward to trying this baby out! This brush was $16.80 at IMATS (not including tax), but usually costs $24.
Here we have some of the freebies Sigma included in their bag. We have some sample sizes of a blush, highlighter and bronzer, a lip vex (lip gloss) in Hint and two brushes: a Medium Angled Shading Brush - E70 (left) and a Small Angle Brush - E65 (right).

Now on to NYX! NYX had a lot of products available and it was really difficult to choose what items I wanted as well as I had my mind set on a few things. I ended up leaving NYX with four items!
The NYX Wonder Stick is an item I have been eyeing for a while, but never seemed to buy it because most of the time my shade was out of stock. Once I heard NYX was going to be at IMATS, I knew that I needed to make sure this item was on my list! The Wonder Stick retails for $12 and I bought it for $8.50.  
Here is the swatch of my Wonder Stick which is in the shade Light/Medium.
This is one of the new High Voltage Lipsticks by NYX. The shade is in Dahlia. These normally run for $6 but I got it for $4.
Here is the swatch for Dahlia. It's a Vampy, deep purple/black purple shade. Absolutely beautiful!  
Here we have two of the Intense Butter Glosses. The shades I chose were Toasted Marshmallow  and Black Cherry Tarte. These also cost $6 a piece and I got them for $4 each.
Toasted Marshmallow is a mauve purple shade where Black Cherry Tarte is a deep vamp purple.
Dose of colors is next on the list! I have heard of Dose of Colors via YouTubers, but I had never tried their products. I knew I wanted to visit this booth since I have heard all good things about this company and their products.
Here is one of the two liquid lipsticks I bought. This shade is in Berry Me. The swatch for this shade will be down below. This lipstick costs $18 and I paid $15.
Here we have Black Rose which is a Limited Edition shade Dose of Colors will be releasing. I have a thing for purchasing Limited Edition items and I knew I could not pass up this! I paid $20 for this lipstick which I believe is the normal price.
The beautiful swatches of Berry Me and Black Rose side by side. As you can tell both of them are matte and gorgeous! 
Last but not least here we have Sedona Lace! I absolutely love their brushes and was stoked to see they were attending IMATS. Their sale was supposed to be 30% off everything, but since it was Sunday they changed it to 50% off! How can you beat that?!
These are the three brushes I picked up! The first brush is their Flat Contour Brush- when I saw they came out with that I knew I had to have it! Unfortunately, I never purchased it, but fortunately I waited cause I got an awesome deal on it. I look forward to using this brush so I can play around with contouring more.  The second brush is the Universal Blender - it can be comparable to the Sigma E25 brush. The last brush is the Pointed Crease - I plan on using this to help pack in color to my crease so it can be more precise.  What I love about these brushes is how soft they are as well as how they are black and pink! Sedona Lace offers Vegan brushes to those looking for a Vegan brushes to purchase and they also offer non-Vegan brushes. The pink and black brushes are Vegan.

That's all! All of the goodies I purchased at IMATS. I honestly had such a wonderful time and it felt great being in a place you feel like you belong. It is nice to be around people who have the same love for makeup as you do. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I bought at IMATS and I cannot wait to go back!

Until next time,
Tanya Marie 


No comments :

Post a Comment